“Sustainable human development through provision of basic services like education, health, water, sanitation, hygiene promotion, livelihood and income generating vocational training leading to poverty alleviation and socio-economic development”
GTDO aims “to empower people with disabilities, their families and communities regardless of cast, colour, creed, religion, gender, age, type and cause of disability through raising awareness, promoting inclusion, reducing poverty, eliminating stigma, meeting basic needs and facilitating access to health, education and livelihood opportunities”.
More, specifically GTDO Aims to,
- Reduce poverty, given that poverty is a key determinant and outcome of disability;
- Promoting community involvement and ownership;
- Build the capacity of communities and ensuring disability issues are mainstreamed into the development sector
- Developing and strengthening of multisectoral collaboration;
- Education and training of family members to support and assist people with disabilities;
- Provision of information about services available within the community, and linking people with disabilities and their families with these services via referral and follow-up;
- Advocating for improved accessibility and inclusion of people with disabilities by making contact with health centers, schools and workplaces;
- Involving disabled people’s organizations in their programmes;
- Raising awareness in the community about disability to encourage the inclusion of disabled people in family and community life.
Greetings From Gulf Training & Development Organization.
Human Especially in developing countries like Afghanistan, are highly deprived of their rights. They are suffering from the burden of life. They are looked as second sex and the lowest creature having no right in their houses and community. They are given no right of education, participation and decision making in the house or community affairs. Because of poor health condition, they have no access to doctor or medicine that is why hundreds of women are died when they are pregnant or born child.
In order to overcome the inequitable condition and problems which are women facing we came together to find a way to get in touch with the most deprived people in the community and make them aware of their rights. We wanted to form an NGO (organization) officially, but it was not easy, besides most risky too, under the rule of Taliban.